Happy new year! I know we’re only less than a week in but I hope 2017 has been good to you all so far. 2017 for me marks a fresh start. I was completely sceptical towards the thought of setting goals in the new year because I could never commit to them until last year. If you had a chance to read my last post, you’ll know that I dedicated 2016 to trying to be more spontaneous. I guess the same still stands this year because the last thing I want is to fall back into old habits. This year I really wanted to focus on stepping out of my comfort zone, being positive and to stop being so serious all the time. I guess this leads me onto part 2.
For 2017, I also want to do some of the things that I managed to successfully avoid doing in 2016. I was inspired to create this list when I was at work and someone asked me this question:
What advice would you give to your younger self?
It won’t kill you to be more confident, so stop being shy and stop overthinking. It’s only preventing you from going after the things you want.
This year I don’t want to look back and regret not having even attempted to do or go after the things that I want even if they completely terrify me.
Here are the 10 things that I’ve decided to try and do this year:
1) Apply for the doctorate in clinical psychology
2) Take driving lessons and pass my driving test
3) Make my blog public to friends and family
4) Complete a 5k run
5) Start adult ballet classes
6) Upload a video/clip of me singing and playing the guitar on social media
7) Travel abroad with a friend
8) Change the colour of my hair
9) Be adventurous with my style and wear outfits that I normally wouldn’t wear
10) Organise something with friends for my 24th birthday
I’ll be more than happy if I manage to even tick 1 of these things off my list. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. Let the adventure begin.
Until next time,
*Photographs taken by @r1cc1